MailChimp to Marketing Automation Success
Optimised a list of 20K contacts through segmentation and tracking...Talk to us
For those of you who think that MailChimp is a marketing automation tool, think again!
Goal: To clean up clients list of 20,000 contacts to get better engagement.
We migrated our client’s contact list of 20,000 contacts over to our marketing automation software to get better tracking information. Once moved over we began tracking the individuals on the list. The information we gathered was what pages they visit, what products they view, when do they exit the site, landing page and so on. Based on this new data provided by our marketing automation platform, we were able to plan different customer journey’s online through website and emails.
We even improved our client’s cart abandonment process. Previously they used the standard message from WooCommerce that went to users. But now they have fully personalised, targeted messages going to users who leave the checkout without buying. Our personalised cart abandonment emails even nurture customers through a whole series of messages and re-marketing through advertising on Facebook and Google. This keeps our client at the top of mind when the customer is ready to buy.
Thanks to our marketing automation tool we were able to create a sales funnel, which takes prospects from awareness of the brand to buying customers. We were able to create automated processes that support the sales funnel, as well as see where current contacts are in the sales funnel. This is essential, as it is important to have leads that ready to make a purchase.
Imagine the situation where your sales team is trying to contact a lead that has been passed to them by the marketing team. They are struggling, as the lead won’t answer the phone (landline or mobile) and is not answering emails either. We know it’s a busy time of year leading up to Christmas, but we don’t want them to go cold.
Marketing automation to the rescue! With marketing automation, we know the lead is interested in our services. So, we can create a lead nurturing funnel which is an automated set of messages (email or text messages) sent to lead, eventually encouraging them to take action. This action could mean calling the company, emailing or making a purchase.
Marketing automation not only keeps our credibility (avoid looking like a pest). It also means the right content is being delivered at the right time to contacts. This keeps leads warm, helping both marketing and sales teams. And not to mention the time saved by automating repetitive tasks, such as sending newsletters to contacts, welcome emails etc.
Now we are able to track when individual contacts are on the website and what they are interested in (very useful information for creating personalised content). Our client has been able to successfully automate process such as dealing with cart abandonment and nurturing new customers to encourage them to buy again. The change from MailChimp to our marketing automation tool has improved both online sales and engagement.
- 12 Cool Marketing Trends that will Conquer 2019December 10th, 2018It’s that time of the year again, where every marketer starts thinking about the future of marketing. Our team here at KDM don’t have a crystal ball, but we do know tons about marketing. And with this knowledge let us go through 12 of the coolest marketing trends that will conquer 2019.
- 10 Best Tools For Effective & Easy MarketingNovember 21th, 2018Being a business owner is probably one of the most challenging jobs on the planet. When first starting a new business, your main goal should be spreading the word about the services or products your company offer. Once you have built your business website and found an adequately priced hosting provider, you will need to shift your focus to optimizing it. With the help of reputable professionals and the right tools, getting your website optimized will be easy. For years, businesses of all shapes and sizes have used the power of online marketing to attract new customers from all over the world. In a recent study, researchers found that over half of the world’s population uses the Internet on a frequent basis. Tapping into a portion of this large audience can help you take your business from startup to a success story. Read below to find out about some of the essential tools you need for easy and effective marketing.
- 5 Must-Have SEO Skills That Every Digital Marketer Should KnowNovember 07th, 2018Did you know that 4 in 5 consumers use search engines to find local information? Even though the benefits of ranking number 1 in search engines is clear, many businesses still find it difficult to understand. And who can blame them? Optimizing your site for search engines can take years to get right, and even if you got all the basics in place there is still no guarantee that you’ll be number 1 in the search results. Some business owners mistakenly see SEO as a one-off thing, which you update and ignore. The reality, however, is that SEO is a field of expertise that requires ongoing monitoring and updates to your site to make sure you continue to move up the ranks. Therefore having a team or a person with an understanding of SEO is highly essential. Here are 5 must-have SEO skills that every digital marketer should know!
- How to Create a Data-Driven Marketing StrategyOctober 17th, 2018Many online marketing campaigns are aimed only at the quick lead or sell off - and thus give away growth potential. In this article, I'll explain how you can build a holistic online marketing strategy and unlock the full potential of your campaigns. The basis of this is data-driven marketing. You've probably already stumbled upon the term data-driven marketing. As a basic definition data-driven marketing is about making decisions based on solid data from your past or current marketing activities. Many marketers today, like to take this approach to marketing, as it focuses on the user and promotes interaction between marketing channels (anti-silo thinking!) And thus provides the basis for a successful online marketing campaign. A strategy that delivers.
- How AI is Transforming Web Design Right NowOctober 03th, 2018As we may already know, these days AI (Artificial Intelligence) is used in various sectors like healthcare, finance, education. Even digital marketing has been impacted by the rise of Artificial intelligence. As the technology develops it’s no surprise to see the implementation of AI almost everywhere. Saying this, one of the biggest weaknesses for AI tools comes down to their ability to think creatively. But to the surprise of some, recent developments have now allowed AI to support web designers in the process of creating websites that not only attract customers but engage them also.