MailChimp to Marketing Automation Success
Optimised a list of 20K contacts through segmentation and tracking...Talk to us
For those of you who think that MailChimp is a marketing automation tool, think again!
Goal: To clean up clients list of 20,000 contacts to get better engagement.
We migrated our client’s contact list of 20,000 contacts over to our marketing automation software to get better tracking information. Once moved over we began tracking the individuals on the list. The information we gathered was what pages they visit, what products they view, when do they exit the site, landing page and so on. Based on this new data provided by our marketing automation platform, we were able to plan different customer journey’s online through website and emails.
We even improved our client’s cart abandonment process. Previously they used the standard message from WooCommerce that went to users. But now they have fully personalised, targeted messages going to users who leave the checkout without buying. Our personalised cart abandonment emails even nurture customers through a whole series of messages and re-marketing through advertising on Facebook and Google. This keeps our client at the top of mind when the customer is ready to buy.
Thanks to our marketing automation tool we were able to create a sales funnel, which takes prospects from awareness of the brand to buying customers. We were able to create automated processes that support the sales funnel, as well as see where current contacts are in the sales funnel. This is essential, as it is important to have leads that ready to make a purchase.
Imagine the situation where your sales team is trying to contact a lead that has been passed to them by the marketing team. They are struggling, as the lead won’t answer the phone (landline or mobile) and is not answering emails either. We know it’s a busy time of year leading up to Christmas, but we don’t want them to go cold.
Marketing automation to the rescue! With marketing automation, we know the lead is interested in our services. So, we can create a lead nurturing funnel which is an automated set of messages (email or text messages) sent to lead, eventually encouraging them to take action. This action could mean calling the company, emailing or making a purchase.
Marketing automation not only keeps our credibility (avoid looking like a pest). It also means the right content is being delivered at the right time to contacts. This keeps leads warm, helping both marketing and sales teams. And not to mention the time saved by automating repetitive tasks, such as sending newsletters to contacts, welcome emails etc.
Now we are able to track when individual contacts are on the website and what they are interested in (very useful information for creating personalised content). Our client has been able to successfully automate process such as dealing with cart abandonment and nurturing new customers to encourage them to buy again. The change from MailChimp to our marketing automation tool has improved both online sales and engagement.
- 5 Ways Marketing Automation Makes GDPR Compliance EasyApril 06th, 2018Many people are under the impression that marketing automation is just spam. And spam is a big deal, especially with GDPR being enforced in under 2 months. If you are one of these people, then think again! Marketing automation is only spam when used wrongly. In the right hands, marketing automation can truly be a powerful tool for all companies. And using a marketing automation tool will not, I repeat will NOT break the rules highlighted in the new GDPR regulation. And here are 5 ways marketing automation takes the pain out of GDPR compliance.
- Are You Using Chatbots? 5 Chatbot Stats You Need to KnowMarch 20th, 2018Are chatbots taking over the world? Many of you might be sceptical about the idea of chatbots. How useful are they for businesses? Can they really answer customer enquiries? And even generate sales and nurture leads? The truth is many businesses are already utilizing chatbots as part of their marketing strategy. And the most used chatbot is the Facebook messenger bot. The facebook messenger bot can integrate with your e-commerce store, answer customer enquiries and offer product recommendations if created right. For example, for customer service Staples and Next both use Facebook messenger bot to answer common customer questions within minutes. While other companies, such as Spotify use the Facebook messenger chatbot to recommend songs and playlists. If you are not convinced by the value of chatbots for your business, then here are 5 chatbot stats you really need to know.
- Digital Marketing Consultancy Or Agency: What Are The Differences?March 02th, 2018Many clients and marketing companies tend to get mixed up when it comes to distinguishing between a digital marketing consultancy and an agency. Some agencies think they are consultancies and some consultancies think they are agencies. So what is the real difference between a digital marketing consultancy and agency and are the lines blurring between these two? Here are the 5 key differences between a consultancy and an agency.
- GDPR Compliance Checklist for Digital Marketers & BusinessesFebruary 08th, 2018GDPR enforcement is fast approaching. The big question for most businesses is how do I exactly comply with these new rules in data protection and what does it mean for the contacts in my database? GDPR or General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new digital privacy regulation introduced to protect users and their data. This means that businesses by default will have to have some type of privacy on all their digital products and websites. And they will have to monitor and assess their privacy settings regularly to monitor any data breaches and make sure they have the necessary permissions to use and share a user’s data.
- 5 Ways To Generate Leads Using ChatbotsJanuary 18th, 2018Chatbots have come a long way since the 1970’s. Today chatbots are to provide reminders, recognise natural voice commands, answer questions and even respond to requests with personality. With so much advancement over the past 50 years or so, many marketers are now asking, how can chatbots help businesses? And more importantly, can chatbots be used to generate leads? The answer itself is quite surprising. If you are in sales, you would know the significance of relationship building in getting customers. Therefore in today's modern world, chatbots could bridge the gap between customers and sales through highly-responsive communication. Here are 5 ways to generate leads using chatbots.