MailChimp to Marketing Automation Success
Optimised a list of 20K contacts through segmentation and tracking...Talk to us
For those of you who think that MailChimp is a marketing automation tool, think again!
Goal: To clean up clients list of 20,000 contacts to get better engagement.
We migrated our client’s contact list of 20,000 contacts over to our marketing automation software to get better tracking information. Once moved over we began tracking the individuals on the list. The information we gathered was what pages they visit, what products they view, when do they exit the site, landing page and so on. Based on this new data provided by our marketing automation platform, we were able to plan different customer journey’s online through website and emails.
We even improved our client’s cart abandonment process. Previously they used the standard message from WooCommerce that went to users. But now they have fully personalised, targeted messages going to users who leave the checkout without buying. Our personalised cart abandonment emails even nurture customers through a whole series of messages and re-marketing through advertising on Facebook and Google. This keeps our client at the top of mind when the customer is ready to buy.
Thanks to our marketing automation tool we were able to create a sales funnel, which takes prospects from awareness of the brand to buying customers. We were able to create automated processes that support the sales funnel, as well as see where current contacts are in the sales funnel. This is essential, as it is important to have leads that ready to make a purchase.
Imagine the situation where your sales team is trying to contact a lead that has been passed to them by the marketing team. They are struggling, as the lead won’t answer the phone (landline or mobile) and is not answering emails either. We know it’s a busy time of year leading up to Christmas, but we don’t want them to go cold.
Marketing automation to the rescue! With marketing automation, we know the lead is interested in our services. So, we can create a lead nurturing funnel which is an automated set of messages (email or text messages) sent to lead, eventually encouraging them to take action. This action could mean calling the company, emailing or making a purchase.
Marketing automation not only keeps our credibility (avoid looking like a pest). It also means the right content is being delivered at the right time to contacts. This keeps leads warm, helping both marketing and sales teams. And not to mention the time saved by automating repetitive tasks, such as sending newsletters to contacts, welcome emails etc.
Now we are able to track when individual contacts are on the website and what they are interested in (very useful information for creating personalised content). Our client has been able to successfully automate process such as dealing with cart abandonment and nurturing new customers to encourage them to buy again. The change from MailChimp to our marketing automation tool has improved both online sales and engagement.
- How Mobile Marketing Can Transform Your Business [Infographic]June 25th, 2018The number of marketing strategies and avenues of promotion was large even 20 years ago, but the internet brought about an entire host of new marketing techniques. We are steadily seeing a shift towards digital marketing over traditional marketing means such as TV ads, billboards, and flyers. It is mobile marketing that sees a real surge in usage. Mobile phones were used for marketing before, but smartphones changed the way people use the internet, and this is telling only by the number of mobile digital solutions and app development companies out there. Take a look at these brilliant examples of mobile marketing by businesses.
- How Are Brands Using AI And Machine Learning?June 11th, 2018Machine learning is one of the cornerstones of artificial intelligence. It is not reserved only for advanced robotics though, as more and more chatbots and everyday applications become more adaptive and responsive without human supervision. There are several ways to teach machines to perform a certain act and to deal intelligently and appropriately with certain scenarios. One teaching process involves exposing a system to examples many times till the computer begins to learn from them. So, you can feed a computer different pictures of dogs and cats till it can distinguish between both animals by recognizing pixels and patterns. These two technologies hold so much promise for the world of marketing today. They already provide shoppers with a more meaningful shopping experience by helping with product selection or by resolving their issues.
- Marketing Automation 2018 Report: Do You Really Know What It Is?June 04th, 2018Have you heard of marketing automation? And if you have, can you define the term “marketing automation” clearly in your head? According to Liana Technologies (2017) the biggest barrier to marketing automation adoption is knowledge. To some this might be a surprising statement, especially with so many blog posts, webinars and resources out there on such topic. However as interest for marketing automation rises, it seems that actual adoption of marketing automation is at a halt. A report by Digital Capital Advisors (2015) found that in a survey of 220,000 small businesses (approx. annual revenue of £3 - £14 million), only 5% used marketing automation tools. This very statistic suggests the lag in adoption, particularly in small businesses. To solve this issue, we conducted a survey between the end of 2017 and early 2018 to uncover how much businesses really know about marketing automation and what is it about marketing automation that is so confusing.
- 14 Common Marketing Challenges and How to Solve ThemMay 24th, 2018What are the biggest marketing challenges you face today? There is no right or wrong answer. Every marketer is faced with their own set of challenges or frustrations. Whether this is getting their company in front of the right target audience or proving ROI. And not to mention the global challenge of keeping up to date with new marketing technology and being able to take an intelligent-driven approach to marketing. Through exploring the internet and by asking real marketers at our marketing events, we have discovered 14 common marketing challenges faced by marketers in today’s landscape. Before you read on, please take a moment to list your own marketing challenges. And then you can compare your challenges with our list.
- 5 Ways Marketing Automation Makes GDPR Compliance EasyApril 06th, 2018Many people are under the impression that marketing automation is just spam. And spam is a big deal, especially with GDPR being enforced in under 2 months. If you are one of these people, then think again! Marketing automation is only spam when used wrongly. In the right hands, marketing automation can truly be a powerful tool for all companies. And using a marketing automation tool will not, I repeat will NOT break the rules highlighted in the new GDPR regulation. And here are 5 ways marketing automation takes the pain out of GDPR compliance.