MailChimp to Marketing Automation Success
Optimised a list of 20K contacts through segmentation and tracking...Talk to us
For those of you who think that MailChimp is a marketing automation tool, think again!
Goal: To clean up clients list of 20,000 contacts to get better engagement.
We migrated our client’s contact list of 20,000 contacts over to our marketing automation software to get better tracking information. Once moved over we began tracking the individuals on the list. The information we gathered was what pages they visit, what products they view, when do they exit the site, landing page and so on. Based on this new data provided by our marketing automation platform, we were able to plan different customer journey’s online through website and emails.
We even improved our client’s cart abandonment process. Previously they used the standard message from WooCommerce that went to users. But now they have fully personalised, targeted messages going to users who leave the checkout without buying. Our personalised cart abandonment emails even nurture customers through a whole series of messages and re-marketing through advertising on Facebook and Google. This keeps our client at the top of mind when the customer is ready to buy.
Thanks to our marketing automation tool we were able to create a sales funnel, which takes prospects from awareness of the brand to buying customers. We were able to create automated processes that support the sales funnel, as well as see where current contacts are in the sales funnel. This is essential, as it is important to have leads that ready to make a purchase.
Imagine the situation where your sales team is trying to contact a lead that has been passed to them by the marketing team. They are struggling, as the lead won’t answer the phone (landline or mobile) and is not answering emails either. We know it’s a busy time of year leading up to Christmas, but we don’t want them to go cold.
Marketing automation to the rescue! With marketing automation, we know the lead is interested in our services. So, we can create a lead nurturing funnel which is an automated set of messages (email or text messages) sent to lead, eventually encouraging them to take action. This action could mean calling the company, emailing or making a purchase.
Marketing automation not only keeps our credibility (avoid looking like a pest). It also means the right content is being delivered at the right time to contacts. This keeps leads warm, helping both marketing and sales teams. And not to mention the time saved by automating repetitive tasks, such as sending newsletters to contacts, welcome emails etc.
Now we are able to track when individual contacts are on the website and what they are interested in (very useful information for creating personalised content). Our client has been able to successfully automate process such as dealing with cart abandonment and nurturing new customers to encourage them to buy again. The change from MailChimp to our marketing automation tool has improved both online sales and engagement.
- GDPR Compliance Checklist for Digital Marketers & BusinessesFebruary 08th, 2018GDPR enforcement is fast approaching. The big question for most businesses is how do I exactly comply with these new rules in data protection and what does it mean for the contacts in my database? GDPR or General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new digital privacy regulation introduced to protect users and their data. This means that businesses by default will have to have some type of privacy on all their digital products and websites. And they will have to monitor and assess their privacy settings regularly to monitor any data breaches and make sure they have the necessary permissions to use and share a user’s data.
- 5 Ways To Generate Leads Using ChatbotsJanuary 18th, 2018Chatbots have come a long way since the 1970’s. Today chatbots are to provide reminders, recognise natural voice commands, answer questions and even respond to requests with personality. With so much advancement over the past 50 years or so, many marketers are now asking, how can chatbots help businesses? And more importantly, can chatbots be used to generate leads? The answer itself is quite surprising. If you are in sales, you would know the significance of relationship building in getting customers. Therefore in today's modern world, chatbots could bridge the gap between customers and sales through highly-responsive communication. Here are 5 ways to generate leads using chatbots.
- 8 Digital Marketing Resolutions to Start the New Year RightJanuary 04th, 2018It’s 2018 everyone! Happy new year to all our readers! It’s now the time of the year when everyone is thinking about new year resolutions to make 2018 better than 2017. Some common resolutions are to spend more time with your family, learning a new skill, travelling more and of course eating less greasy food (this one's mine!). New year resolutions don’t all need to relate to personal stuff, you can even apply them to your business. For example to have more team outings, go to more training events, to get more clients and so on. And to make sure your digital marketing rocks in 2018, you can even create some digital marketing resolutions. To help you out, here are our 7 digital marketing resolutions to start the new year right.
- 10 Digital Marketing Trends for 2018December 21th, 2017With 2018 just a few days away, many businesses might already be thinking about their digital marketing strategy next year. If you are, then here are 10 digital marketing trends for 2018 you might want to consider. You can expect the following changes: In 2018, there will be less hype and more action in the world of artificial intelligence. Companies will start including an AI strategy into their digital marketing strategies. Which would include everything from managing data to automating processes. This will become necessary as more and more companies see the value in intelligence-driven marketing and the role of AI in obtaining and organizing vital customer data.
- Marketing Automation Plugins Or Software: Which Is Better?December 12th, 2017According to a report by Marketo and Ascend (2015), 42% of companies use a marketing automation platform, compared to 54% using a CRM and 82% using email marketing technology. This stat alone suggests a certain amount of scepticism towards the adoption of marketing automation software compared to other options on the market. A common alternative for most businesses is turning to plugins to automate their marketing activities. If you have an e-commerce site, you might have noticed all the plugins or apps available. For example the Push Monkey app for Shopify users or using cart abandonment lite for Woocommerce. And who can blame them? At first glance, plugins seem to be the much easier and cheaper option to take. However are plugins really worth the money and in the long-term are they better or worse than purchasing a dedicated marketing automation tool, like Hubspot or Active Campaign.