MailChimp to Marketing Automation Success
Optimised a list of 20K contacts through segmentation and tracking...Talk to us
For those of you who think that MailChimp is a marketing automation tool, think again!
Goal: To clean up clients list of 20,000 contacts to get better engagement.
We migrated our client’s contact list of 20,000 contacts over to our marketing automation software to get better tracking information. Once moved over we began tracking the individuals on the list. The information we gathered was what pages they visit, what products they view, when do they exit the site, landing page and so on. Based on this new data provided by our marketing automation platform, we were able to plan different customer journey’s online through website and emails.
We even improved our client’s cart abandonment process. Previously they used the standard message from WooCommerce that went to users. But now they have fully personalised, targeted messages going to users who leave the checkout without buying. Our personalised cart abandonment emails even nurture customers through a whole series of messages and re-marketing through advertising on Facebook and Google. This keeps our client at the top of mind when the customer is ready to buy.
Thanks to our marketing automation tool we were able to create a sales funnel, which takes prospects from awareness of the brand to buying customers. We were able to create automated processes that support the sales funnel, as well as see where current contacts are in the sales funnel. This is essential, as it is important to have leads that ready to make a purchase.
Imagine the situation where your sales team is trying to contact a lead that has been passed to them by the marketing team. They are struggling, as the lead won’t answer the phone (landline or mobile) and is not answering emails either. We know it’s a busy time of year leading up to Christmas, but we don’t want them to go cold.
Marketing automation to the rescue! With marketing automation, we know the lead is interested in our services. So, we can create a lead nurturing funnel which is an automated set of messages (email or text messages) sent to lead, eventually encouraging them to take action. This action could mean calling the company, emailing or making a purchase.
Marketing automation not only keeps our credibility (avoid looking like a pest). It also means the right content is being delivered at the right time to contacts. This keeps leads warm, helping both marketing and sales teams. And not to mention the time saved by automating repetitive tasks, such as sending newsletters to contacts, welcome emails etc.
Now we are able to track when individual contacts are on the website and what they are interested in (very useful information for creating personalised content). Our client has been able to successfully automate process such as dealing with cart abandonment and nurturing new customers to encourage them to buy again. The change from MailChimp to our marketing automation tool has improved both online sales and engagement.
- How to Create a Data-Driven Marketing StrategyOctober 17th, 2018Many online marketing campaigns are aimed only at the quick lead or sell off - and thus give away growth potential. In this article, I'll explain how you can build a holistic online marketing strategy and unlock the full potential of your campaigns. The basis of this is data-driven marketing. You've probably already stumbled upon the term data-driven marketing. As a basic definition data-driven marketing is about making decisions based on solid data from your past or current marketing activities. Many marketers today, like to take this approach to marketing, as it focuses on the user and promotes interaction between marketing channels (anti-silo thinking!) And thus provides the basis for a successful online marketing campaign. A strategy that delivers.
- How AI is Transforming Web Design Right NowOctober 03th, 2018As we may already know, these days AI (Artificial Intelligence) is used in various sectors like healthcare, finance, education. Even digital marketing has been impacted by the rise of Artificial intelligence. As the technology develops it’s no surprise to see the implementation of AI almost everywhere. Saying this, one of the biggest weaknesses for AI tools comes down to their ability to think creatively. But to the surprise of some, recent developments have now allowed AI to support web designers in the process of creating websites that not only attract customers but engage them also.
- Is AI really that important in Digital marketing?September 19th, 2018Around the world, technology is developing or evolving with each passing day. Why do you ask? It’s all down to the world wide web and the internet. Since the internet was created, it’s power and its efficiency in providing solutions for everyday problems like medical advice, travel arrangements, finding local restaurants, etc. has changed our very lives. Digital marketing is a field that has mostly changed over the years because of the internet.
- How Mobile Marketing Can Transform Your Business [Infographic]June 25th, 2018The number of marketing strategies and avenues of promotion was large even 20 years ago, but the internet brought about an entire host of new marketing techniques. We are steadily seeing a shift towards digital marketing over traditional marketing means such as TV ads, billboards, and flyers. It is mobile marketing that sees a real surge in usage. Mobile phones were used for marketing before, but smartphones changed the way people use the internet, and this is telling only by the number of mobile digital solutions and app development companies out there. Take a look at these brilliant examples of mobile marketing by businesses.
- How Are Brands Using AI And Machine Learning?June 11th, 2018Machine learning is one of the cornerstones of artificial intelligence. It is not reserved only for advanced robotics though, as more and more chatbots and everyday applications become more adaptive and responsive without human supervision. There are several ways to teach machines to perform a certain act and to deal intelligently and appropriately with certain scenarios. One teaching process involves exposing a system to examples many times till the computer begins to learn from them. So, you can feed a computer different pictures of dogs and cats till it can distinguish between both animals by recognizing pixels and patterns. These two technologies hold so much promise for the world of marketing today. They already provide shoppers with a more meaningful shopping experience by helping with product selection or by resolving their issues.