Factory Solutions Ltd.
LinkedIn helped to shorten their sales cycle time…Talk to us
Goal: To shorten the long sales cycle of 12-24 months.
The initial sales cycle was taking up to 12 months, in some cases the sales cycle took 2 years before even a meeting. Due to the lengthy sales cycles our client was suffering peaks and troughs. During a peak, staff were not available to carry out business development which in turn led to a trough. One reason why these sales cycles were so long was because the client was not able to speak to the right person in the organisation earlier.
We ran a series of training courses within the company for strategy planning which included buyer persona development and auditing. We also offered LinkedIn and email marketing training to key members of staff in the company based on the very latest technology and techniques in the industry to ensure long-term success.
In parallel we updated their website to focus on lead generation by increasing the flexibility they had with it. For example, we made it so that members of staff can easily update the information on the site and easily (plus quickly) create specific landing pages to support different marketing campaigns.We also introduced regular email campaigns to their marketing activities and social media posting supported all their other marketing.
The client was able to use LinkedIn in a strategic and structured way, allowing prospects to move down the sales funnel much more quickly. Through linkedin prospecting and our multi-touch program, Factory Solutions Ltd was able to access the right decision maker much more quickly than before. In fact, within 1 month of using our LinkedIn Prospecting System (Connect & Sell) he had connected with the right person in a large well known soft drinks manufacturer, which was his first business contract within 6 months. He now carries out work for their European factories.
In addition to this, their email database was cleaned up and the right recipients were receiving the right information at the right time to push them along the sales funnel and place orders. Plus, the client is now receiving emails from his prospects volunteering their problems and requesting meetings. The only phone calls the client makes is to follow-up with warm and interested leads.
“The team at KDM have provided me with valuable advice on digital marketing which has improved our company website and enhanced my business profile on LinkedIn.
These two activities have certainly had a positive impact and I believe are a contributory factor in the growth we have experienced in our business. In addition I personally have a far better appreciation and awareness of the important role digital marketing plays in promoting SME’s.
I would certainly recommend KDM both for knowledge and communication skills on this subject.” – Neville Duke, Director
Visit the Factory Solution Ltd website.
- How Are Brands Using AI And Machine Learning?June 11th, 2018Machine learning is one of the cornerstones of artificial intelligence. It is not reserved only for advanced robotics though, as more and more chatbots and everyday applications become more adaptive and responsive without human supervision. There are several ways to teach machines to perform a certain act and to deal intelligently and appropriately with certain scenarios. One teaching process involves exposing a system to examples many times till the computer begins to learn from them. So, you can feed a computer different pictures of dogs and cats till it can distinguish between both animals by recognizing pixels and patterns. These two technologies hold so much promise for the world of marketing today. They already provide shoppers with a more meaningful shopping experience by helping with product selection or by resolving their issues.
- Marketing Automation 2018 Report: Do You Really Know What It Is?June 04th, 2018Have you heard of marketing automation? And if you have, can you define the term “marketing automation” clearly in your head? According to Liana Technologies (2017) the biggest barrier to marketing automation adoption is knowledge. To some this might be a surprising statement, especially with so many blog posts, webinars and resources out there on such topic. However as interest for marketing automation rises, it seems that actual adoption of marketing automation is at a halt. A report by Digital Capital Advisors (2015) found that in a survey of 220,000 small businesses (approx. annual revenue of £3 - £14 million), only 5% used marketing automation tools. This very statistic suggests the lag in adoption, particularly in small businesses. To solve this issue, we conducted a survey between the end of 2017 and early 2018 to uncover how much businesses really know about marketing automation and what is it about marketing automation that is so confusing.
- 14 Common Marketing Challenges and How to Solve ThemMay 24th, 2018What are the biggest marketing challenges you face today? There is no right or wrong answer. Every marketer is faced with their own set of challenges or frustrations. Whether this is getting their company in front of the right target audience or proving ROI. And not to mention the global challenge of keeping up to date with new marketing technology and being able to take an intelligent-driven approach to marketing. Through exploring the internet and by asking real marketers at our marketing events, we have discovered 14 common marketing challenges faced by marketers in today’s landscape. Before you read on, please take a moment to list your own marketing challenges. And then you can compare your challenges with our list.
- 5 Ways Marketing Automation Makes GDPR Compliance EasyApril 06th, 2018Many people are under the impression that marketing automation is just spam. And spam is a big deal, especially with GDPR being enforced in under 2 months. If you are one of these people, then think again! Marketing automation is only spam when used wrongly. In the right hands, marketing automation can truly be a powerful tool for all companies. And using a marketing automation tool will not, I repeat will NOT break the rules highlighted in the new GDPR regulation. And here are 5 ways marketing automation takes the pain out of GDPR compliance.
- Are You Using Chatbots? 5 Chatbot Stats You Need to KnowMarch 20th, 2018Are chatbots taking over the world? Many of you might be sceptical about the idea of chatbots. How useful are they for businesses? Can they really answer customer enquiries? And even generate sales and nurture leads? The truth is many businesses are already utilizing chatbots as part of their marketing strategy. And the most used chatbot is the Facebook messenger bot. The facebook messenger bot can integrate with your e-commerce store, answer customer enquiries and offer product recommendations if created right. For example, for customer service Staples and Next both use Facebook messenger bot to answer common customer questions within minutes. While other companies, such as Spotify use the Facebook messenger chatbot to recommend songs and playlists. If you are not convinced by the value of chatbots for your business, then here are 5 chatbot stats you really need to know.